Our studio sessions offer tailored one-to-one in professionally equipped music studios with music industry mentors for musicians, composers, song writers, lyricists, producers, vocalists and MC’s. Activities include songwriting and composition, beat-making, production, recording, and performance.
Additional services include artist development, business advice, video production and photography, press kits, release planning, marketing and distribution.
Our activities provide a structured pathway to mainstream music opportunities for musicians, singers, MC’s, and producers who are using mental health services.
We support all skills levels from beginners with little or no musical experience to people with extensive professional backgrounds in the music industry. Our step-by-step referral pathway includes an assessment of individual interests and aspirations and a taster session in the studio with one of our musician producers. Our creative collaborative approach promotes recovery from mental health problems and encourages progression to new life opportunities.
We also offer taster sessions, bespoke projects and one-off events for other organisations and service providers in the community, Please contact us for more information.
- Tailored one-to-one studio sessions
- Professionally equipped writing, production and recording studios
- Specially trained music industry mentors
- Develop skills in music technology, sound recording, songwriting, composition, arrangement, vocal technique, performance skills
- Culturally relevant music styles including hip hop, soul, rock, reggae, grime, jazz, folk, drum’n’bass, dubstep, and anything inbetween!
- Concerts and events at mainstream festivals and venues
- Weekly drop-in with football, open mic, cafe, art, table tennis, gardening, snooker, social media workshop and other pro-social activities
- Pre-start assessment and taster session, ongoing contact with Care Coordinator and mental health services throughout engagement
- Signposting to additional support with health and wellbeing
- Progression to continuing education, volunteering opportunities, work experience and employment